Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Colleen and Michael Married / Rochester NY Wedding Photographer





July was the perfect month for a wedding!

I am right about in the middle of wedding season..still have a lot of weddings to showcase here.
Always looking for new things to show you.

Let's start with the preparation:
This part is really fun. I love how the mood goes from very light to more nervous in moments. As soon as the dress is on, the nerves kick in.


Something new this year:
I bring studio lighting for church formals. I think it is an absolute must for poorly lit churches. Makes a huge difference. Really showcases your family. I don't love church formals. Not many photographers do, but a wedding is a rare occasion to get great group photos of your family!
I always try and encourage wedding parties to venture outside the church or to a different part. This church in particular had a lot of meaning for the bride and groom.
The bride's grandfather was a pastor here....that makes the photos here that much more important!



I am so excited that people are now making time during their day for portraits. This is so much fun and really important if you want a lot of great choices~
and I have some really PERFECT spots to tell you about during our meeting.
I really recommend you allow more time, like 2-3 hours. Sounds crazy, but especially if you have a large bridal party, you want time to travel, time to arrange, and time to just set up and have fun.








Colleen and Michael chose the Monroe Golf Club.
It was perfection. I loved the glow...

I could blog the whole wedding, but I can't! Too much editing to do! I will leave you with their very fun guests having a total blast!